Thursday 7 August 2008

Two weeks to go..

This time in two weeks I'll be sleeping off the anaesthetic in my own room in hospital.. The thought of that does not make me want to run for the hills like it did the day I filled out the health questionnaire. I had an appointment at Nuffield on the 5th July to have an MRSA swab and I met the nurse who will be on the ward on the 21st and she answered lots of questions that I had about the day. What I need to bring with me, what I can wear into the theatre (nothing but my own cotton knickers!! And a hosp gown of course..), why we have to go in so early at 7:15am (so that Mr Gray can walk around and see everyone he will operate on that day.) Whether anyone can stay overnight (I'll probably be on my own.. ooh err.) and so on and so on. For some reason this chat with the nurse has really allayed my fears and I'm now feeling a mixture of tiny bits of excitement, quite a lot of nervousness but also a curious anticipation! This may change, of course, so just watch this space... :o)

1 comment:

judy said...

hi sarah
this is such a good idea. I look forward to reading the rest of this part of your journey. good luck. I'll be thinking of you. judy