Friday 29 August 2008

8 Days Later...

And I'm almost back to normal! The dizziness slowly improved and I am now able to respond to the sound of my name at normal speed as opposed to turning my head very very slowly in whichever direction needed.. I'm no longer walking like an old woman either and can walk up and down stairs unaided now. I used to go up a stair at a time and had to hold onto the banister! Around about the 3-4 day mark I felt able to do things for myself again. I have been sleeping fine which is nice as it means I'm not tired during the day. I managed to do a trip around Tesco on Tuesday and I walked around Ely on Wednesday which was lovely as it was so nice to get out again. I did feel tired after these things but not overtired. I scratched my scar on the 2nd night whilst sleeping which made it bleed a little and now it looks worse than it should because of all the dried blood but otherwise all is healing well! I put my hearing aid in the implanted ear yesterday and turned it on and could hear... nothing. Absolute zilch. I already knew that I was going to hear nothing though because I couldn't hear Anthony screaming in my ear. This made me very upset and I had a little cry, it was so strange to realise I'm never going to hear naturally again in that ear. It did make me think whether I've done the right thing but now I just have to look forward to switch on date (which I don't have yet) and look forward to better things. I'm going to see Mr Gray on the 9th September for a check up and hopefully switch on should be shortly after that!

No comments: